The Irrigation Technician reports directly to the Sr. Technician/Operations Manager and works alongside the maintenance crew providing outstanding service to our clients. Essential duties include installing and servicing irrigation and lighting systems but other tasks may include maintaining sprinklers, water lines, pumps, suction devices, valves, service equipment, transformers, low voltage lights and bulbs, and various other hand-on tasks related to the business.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan and assist with installation of both commercial and residential irrigation and lighting systems (conventional and 2-wire systems)
- Solve small sprinkler problems (wire valves, fix leaks, mend broken sprinkler heads, back flow repair) to make systems work properly
- Perform general and seasonal system maintenance (start-ups and winterizations)
- Perform seasonal lighting adjustments
- General knowledge of Vista, FX, Unique and Pro-Trade lighting
- Effectively assess water efficiency and make the necessary changes to quickly correct over or under watering
- Keep work vehicle and equipment clean and organized
- Perform inventory counts on a monthly basis
- Properly service and maintain all equipment
- Carefully follow all policies and best practices to ensure a safe work environment.
- Ability to work in a Core Value Driven atmosphere
- Perform such other activities as may be temporarily or permanently assigned.
- Snow and Ice removal
- Holiday Light Installation
- Online Training Courses
- 3+yrs previous experience working with irrigation and lighting systems, preferred.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver License issued by a U.S. State or Territory.
- Ability to interact professionally with all customers, team members, and those from external organizations.
- Organized and ability to work alone
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Required to work outdoors for primary job functions.
- Smoke-free vehicles, client property and offices
- Drug-free and smoke free workplace
- Family-orientated environment
- Working in seasonal weather conditions (inclement weather)
- Required to endure long periods of standing or walking and extended periods of bending, stooping, and lifting.
- Ability to lift 15-50 lbs. frequently.
- Ability to lift 51-75 lbs. occasionally.
- Company Phone
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance after 90 days
- Paid Vacation after 1 year
- Paid Holidays after 90 days
Pay Range Scale – $ 16.00-18.00/ Hour